Seamlessly Restore Your Smile
Having gaps or damage in your smile can hurt your confidence as you live your everyday life. Everything from speaking to eating can become nerve-wracking after losing a tooth to damage, disease, or injury. Thankfully, Dr. Darlene Hart at Sweet Hart Dental has an ideal, long-trusted solution for missing or damaged teeth — dental crowns.
Dental crowns are a popular restorative dental treatment that can help improve the functionality and appearance of your teeth. If you’re looking for a reliable and experienced Pembroke Pines dentist for your dental crowns, you can trust Dr. Hart at Sweet Hart Dental.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are custom-made caps that fit over damaged or broken teeth to restore function and appearance. Dr. Hart will place the crown over the existing tooth or dental implant, covering it up to the gum line.
We personalize these natural-looking crowns to help patients find a solution to a variety of dental problems, including:
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Severely decayed teeth
- Misshapen or discolored teeth
- Weakened or worn-down teeth
- Teeth with large fillings that need additional support
- Teeth that have undergone root canal therapy
- To support a dental bridge or cover a dental implant
Why Choose Sweet Hart Dental For Your Dental Crowns?
Dr. Hart is a highly qualified and experienced dentist in Pembroke Pines who creates high-quality dental crowns. She offers personalized care and advanced treatment options to restore your teeth' health and enhance your smile's beauty. With her emphasis on continuing education and up-to-date technology, our patients can trust that they’re in the best hands at Sweet Hart Dental.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
Here are some of the benefits of dental crowns:
- Restore your smile: Dental crowns can improve the appearance of your smile by covering up imperfections such as chips, cracks, or discoloration. They can also fill in gaps between teeth, creating a more uniform and attractive smile.
- Improve oral health: Crowns can help protect and strengthen damaged teeth, preventing further decay or damage. They cover up and protect teeth that have undergone root canal therapy.
- Strengthen damaged teeth: Crowns fit over your existing tooth, providing additional support and strength. This is especially beneficial for teeth weakened by decay or trauma.
- Long-lasting results: With proper care and maintenance, crowns can last anywhere from five to 15 years. This makes them a cost-effective and long-term solution for improving oral health and restoring your smile.
The Dental Crowns Process
The first step in the dental crown procedure is your consultation and examination. During this initial appointment, Dr. Hart will carefully examine your teeth and gums to determine if dental crowns are the right option for your unique needs.
Dr. Hart will start by asking you about your treatment goals and any concerns you may have. Then, she’ll perform a thorough dental examination, including x-rays if necessary, to assess the condition of your teeth and gums. We'll also look for signs of decay, damage, or infection that may require treatment before we can place a dental crown.
If Dr. Hart determines that dental crowns are the right option for you, she’ll explain the procedure in detail and answer any questions you may have. We'll review your medical history and any medications you take during the consultation.
Before placing a dental crown, Dr. Hart will prepare your tooth for its new crown. This preparation involves removing decay or damage and shaping the tooth to fit the crown. You'll receive a local anesthetic to numb the area and ensure your comfort during the procedure.
Once we’ve created a foundation for your crown, we'll take an impression of your tooth and surrounding teeth. Your impressions will help dental specialists fabricate your custom dental crown in a dental lab. While your permanent crown is in production, we'll place a temporary crown to protect your tooth.
Once your permanent crown is ready, we’ll remove your temporary crown and check the fit of the new crown. If everything is up to your standards, Dr. Hart cements the crown into place with dental-grade adhesive, sealing your natural tooth in the process.
Caring For Your Dental Crown
One of the most prominent advantages of dental crowns is their durability and longevity. Thankfully, keeping your crowns clean and healthy will extend their lifespan, and they’re as easy to care for as your natural teeth.
Follow these steps to help maintain the health of your crown:
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- Floss between your teeth once daily, preferably at night
- Avoid sugary and sticky foods in excess
- Stay hydrated
- Visit your dentist twice a year
Fill the Gaps in Your Smile at Sweet Hart Dental
Dental crowns are an excellent solution for restoring your smile and improving oral health. At Sweet Hart Dental in Pembroke Pines, FL, our experienced dentist Dr. Hart is dedicated to providing high-quality dental care and personalized treatment plans to meet your unique needs. Contact us today at (954) 799-4992 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your appointment and take the first step toward your perfect smile. At Sweet Hart Dental, we’re thrilled to serve patients in Pembroke Pines and the surrounding communities of Davie and Miramar, FL.